Gail M. Walton possesses more than twenty-five years of experience as a lawyer. A graduate of Dartmouth College and the George Washington University Law School, she has licenses to practice law in the states of New York and Georgia and is admitted to the Eastern and Southern United States District and Bankruptcy Courts of New York.
Ms. Walton has extensive legal experience in varied areas of the law. She served as a former Assistant District Attorney in King's County (Brooklyn) New York; and as an Assistant General Counsel for the New York City Department of Probation and the New York City Housing Authority. She developed her interest and knowledge of Immigration Law initially as a law school student volunteering at the school's Immigration Law Clinic assisting residents in Washington, D. C., and after her graduation at a law firm in Manhattan that specialized in Immigration Law. She spent several years as a law guardian in the Family Courts of New York City where she was involved in abuse and neglect hearings, custody, guardianship and other related issues and defended youths charged with acts of juvenile delinquency. She provided oversight to children in foster care as a result of proceedings in Juvenile Court in DeKalb County Georgia as a member of the County's Juvenile Court Citizen Review Panel.
Prior to establishing her law firm, Ms. Walton worked with a not-for-profit legal service provider in Brooklyn, New York that concentrated on assisting individuals with bankruptcy, immigration and family law matters. She has also served as an Administrative Law Judge in New York adjudicating traffic violations.
- Immigration Law
- George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- Dartmouth College
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- King’s County (Brooklyn) New York, Former Assistant District Attorney
- Assistant General Counsel, New York City Department of Probation
- Assistant General Counsel, New York City Housing Authority
- New York Adjudicating Traffic Violations, Administrative Law Judge
Pro Bono Activities
- County’s Juvenile Court Citizen Review Panel, Member
Current Employment Positions